Banana Bread Granola
I keep homemade granola on hand as a regular breakfast option. Sometimes the same old recipe can get old and I had a bag full of bananas in my freezer that had ripened past their prime. When I ran across this recipe, I knew I needed to try it - and soon. I was searching for a cool summer morning to bake it and when it came I was wow'd by the simple pleasure of this granola.
Write a review
- 6 c rolled oats
- 1 1/2 c chopped walnuts
- 1 c pecans (I used almonds because it was what I had)
- 1 t salt
- 1 T cinnamon
- 2 T flax meal
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- 2/3 c maple syrup
- 2 t vanilla
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Warm the coconut oil on a low temp burner and add syrup and vanilla.
- Remove from heat and add the mashed banana.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Spread out on a couple jelly roll pans covered with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 for about 25 minutes or until browned. Scootch it after about 10 mins if you don't want granola clumps.
- I prefer to eat this with just a bit of milk, but sometimes frozen blueberries are the perfect addition. The kids like it with slightly sweetened plain yogurt.
My Handy Family https://myhandyfamily.com/