Brent and I are fans of Thai food and especially chicken satay which is chicken pieces dipped in peanut sauce. Yum. I finally found a peanut sauce - Thai Kitchen Peanut Satay Sauce -- that tastes authentic. Or at least it's as authentic as we're used to. Here is the recipe for curry seasoned chicken to go with the peanut sauce.
Write a review
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 to 1 lb chicken, cut into 1 inch flat pieces
- 10-15 wooden skewers
- Stir together all ingredients, but the chicken. Keep stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Toss chicken in the sauce mixture, cover and marinate for 2 hours.
- After marinating, push 3 - 4 chicken pieces on each skewer.
- The pieces can be grilled for just a couple minutes each side or baked in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with warmed peanut sauce and rice.
- I baked mine in the oven on a jelly roll pan lined with parchment paper. Next time I might use foil to keep the pan cleaner.
- Our 13 year old enjoyed the dinner right with us, but not our 10 year old.
My Handy Family https://myhandyfamily.com/