Brent was telling me that he remembers his mom's crepes from when he was young and triggered me thinking about my mom's crepes from childhood. Oh, they did taste good. So I figured the kids needed a crepe experience to remember in their adulthood. No pressure. Only memorable perfection needed. HA!
Write a review
- 1 c unbleached flour (will try some wheat flour next time)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c milk
- 1/2 c water
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 T butter, melted
- Thoroughly mix the flour and eggs together. Don't be bothered by their odd consistency.
- Now mix in the milk and water a bit at a time until your batter is super smooth. Add the salt and butter too. We used the hand mixer just to make sure our crepes weren't lumpy.
- I preheated a nonstick skillet to perfect heat and dribbled a 1/4 cup of the batter in the center while swirling the skillet to ease the batter into a nice flat circle.
- Only takes about 2 minutes each side.
- Best served hot. Which is crazy talk because your making this little things one at a time and the family likes to actually eat together.
- We enjoyed ours with a little strawberries and cream. Or LEMON CURD and cream. Yum!
My Handy Family https://myhandyfamily.com/