Tortilla Soup in the Crock Pot
This is a tasty soup that comes together easily with prepared veggies you can purchase at the store and even chicken breasts that haven't been thawed.
Write a review
- 1 carton of Trader Joes mirepoix (lovely cut-up celery, onion and carrots)
- 1 carton of Trader Joes salsa especiale - medium
- 2 cans of corn (with juice)
- 2 cans of black beans (drained)
- 2 or 3 frozen chicken breasts
- chicken broth (enough to fill the crockpot)
On the side
- tortilla strip chips
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- avocado pieces
- Put all the ingredients in the crockpot and cook on low for 5-6 hours.
- At that time, use forks or tongs to shred the cooked chicken.
- Serve with tortilla strips, cheese, sour cream and avocado to layer on top.
- Susan put this together for me as a good excuse to use some of the wonderful avocados from their tree. This should be in the "Make it Fast, Cook it Slow" cookbook because it's a breeze and it pleased the whole family.
- To use contents I had at home, I just cut up an onion from our garden instead of using the mirepoix and I used the salsa we had on hand.
My Handy Family https://myhandyfamily.com/